NICSA offers many networking opportunities throughout the year. The most heavily attended is our annual conference, the Strategic Leadership Forum – hosted in Hollywood, FL at the Diplomat Hotel & Spa. In addition, we host the General Membership Meeting and three regional meetings annually (East Coast, West Coast and Midwest). Each of these gatherings offer attendees the chance to connect with peers within the investment management and fund management industries.
Why should you attend?
Check out the top 5 reasons to attend business networking events*…
- Increase your visibility and hone your marketing message: Networking is more than just personal promotion and getting more customers. It’s really about expanding on your existing network of friends, acquaintances and customers, and leveraging on their networks. These networking events are also the best place to practice and refine your business pitch. Be sure your message is conveyed in 30 seconds or less including what solutions you provide, for whom you provide them and the benefits of doing business with you.
- Start relationships that will lead to strategic referrals, alliances and joint ventures: Networking is part of a long term strategy; it’s about creating, building and nurturing relationships, gaining credibility and trust, and showing off your professionalism, knowledge and expertise.
- Connect to key influencers in your industry and target market: It’s important to remember that networking does not finish after the event is over; it is useful to send a follow-up email, meet up for lunch or drinks, and connect on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. Integrating social media into your networking strategy will take you to the next level of communication with potential customers.
- Stay current on trends in your industry and target market: Attending networking events hosted by your industry members, or associations related to your target market, allows you to gain insight into current and future trends, industry challenges and potential solutions. This knowledge can easily give you a leg up on the competition.
- Socialize: These types of social events are a great opportunity to have some fun and to get to know your contact beyond outlook appointments and conference calls. Ask them about plans for the summer, what the like to do on the weekends and about good books they are reading.
Join us at NICSA’s annual conference, the Strategic Leadership Forum, January 31 – February 2, 2016 in Hollywood, FL. More information and registration at: nicsa.org/SLF.
*These tips come from Cognito Media.